From: "Karl Kaufman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Ok, I have a "sane compiler" toolset installed on my development
> server, but NOT on several servers on which I want Perl.  (Where the
> development and production servers are the same architecture.)
>
> Can I build & install Perl on my development server, and then just
> distribute it as a tarball to the production servers?

Yes. If all servers are using the same OS&architecture you should be
able to do that. It would be better if you told us what architecture
it is though.

I can confirm that this does indeed work just fine for al kinds of MS
Windows in Intel machines.

To keep things simple you should keep the path to the instalation the
same on all servers. Otherwise you may have to change some paths in
Config.pm and maybe a few other places.

> What about installation of custom Perl modules?  How can these be
> integrated into my custom distribution on the production servers
> without a compiler toolset on the production servers?  Can they?

Again ... if the OS & architecture is the same you should be able to
compile the modules on the dev server and then copy the results to
the production ones.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery