On 10/7/2004 2:43 PM, Karl Kaufman wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Jenda.

(OS/arch is Solaris8/Sparc)

The difficulty will be knowing exactly which files were added by a module
install -- if I want to distribute per module.  Otherwise, I guess I can
just roll the updated site_perl directory structure.  Yes?

From: "Karl Kaufman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ok, I have a "sane compiler" toolset installed on my development
server, but NOT on several servers on which I want Perl.  (Where the
development and production servers are the same architecture.)

Can I build & install Perl on my development server, and then just
distribute it as a tarball to the production servers?

I think that there are configure and MakeMaker options to explicitly support what you are trying to do. This is what the package maintainers like dep and rpm use. But I've never really looked into it myself and I'm on a Windows box right now, so I can't easily check. Have you looked at all the options?

Randy.