In a message dated 2/6/2003 12:42:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> We got our 'baby' from the breeder....he was sold and then she traveled to
>  Nebraska to get him from the buyer when he could no longer keep
him....<snip>

>  My question is this: I have sent her several emails, requesting some
general
>  information regarding his parents and siblings so that I can do some
>  research and do a family tree for him....to put in his scrapbook.....I have
>  also asked for his birthdate (we know it is in November 2001, but not the
>  date) and for the information regarding his micro chip.

>  No matter how many emails I send her, or how I ask, I can not get her to
>  reply to my emails with the information.
>  Is this normal?

NO.

> Is there some reason as a rescue dog that we should not
>  have access to this information?

Depends on how you define "rescue dog".  IF your dog came from a rescue
organization, they may or may not have a policy with regard to releasing the
dog's history....much like an adoption agency.

If your dog was rehomed with you by his breeder, there is no legitimate
reason I can think of not to provide you with information about his parentage
and relatives.  There is also no reason I can think of why you wouldn't be
provided with the option of registering him (if he wasn't registered already)
or transferring his registration from the previous owner to yourself (if he
was registered).

You mention a microchip...do you have the number and registry?  If not, can
you have it scanned?

~ Sherri Venditti