In a message dated 2/8/2003 9:04:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>>> Is there some reason as a rescue dog that we should not
>>>  have access to this information?

>> Depends on how you define "rescue dog".  IF your dog came from a rescue
>> organization, they may or may not have a policy with regard to releasing
the
>> dog's history....much like an adoption agency.

>> If your dog was rehomed with you by his breeder, there is no legitimate
>>  reason I can think of not to provide you with information about his
>>  parentage and relatives.

>  Okay, I have a question .... why is it "okay" for a rescue organization to
>  chose not to share this info, but not a breeder?

I didn't say it was "ok", I just stated that it's a fact.  Personally, I
don't agree with it.  I think all known medical and identity information
about the dog should be provided to the adoptor.

Assuming they're not incapacitated in some way, are there reasons I'm not
thinking of for a breeder not to provide information to the adoptor of a dog
they place?

Very possible there are issues I'm not considering...

-Sherri V.