On a hunch, I tired sending an email from my Gmail account (using the
web) to my @att.blackberry.net address, and those emails are blocked.

I guess if I send an email from my work email account to my device,
BES somehow sees that the message is coming from someone on the BES
and allows it through. That's my best guess.

Anyway, this accomplishes what I need for the time being.

- Chris