From: BESS [mailto:bess-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Duleep Thilakarathne
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2015 5:19 AM
To: Robert Raszuk
Cc: bess@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [bess] BGP route selection criteria - geographic distance when
AS_PATH are equal

Hi Raszuk,

I went through RFC7311 and my concern is different than RFC 7311. I have
analyzed full BGP routing table (541,199 routes) with two tier 1 ISP
multi-homing scenario and found nearly 50% of routes have equal AS-PATH length.
In this analysis It was considered, there was no route policy applied to
influence local preference. According to BGP best path selection algorithm,
when AS-PATH lengths  are equal, router breaks tie condition based on route
internal logic. This does not grantee proper outgoing path selection.

Appreciate your concern on above analysis.

Regards
Duleept