From: Gyan Mishra <hayabusa...@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, July 3, 2021 at 8:34 AM
To: Jeff Tantsura <jefftant.i...@gmail.com>
Cc: Arie Vayner <ar...@vayner.net>, Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net>, "Satya
Mohanty (satyamoh)" <satya...@cisco.com>, "UTTARO, JAMES" <ju1...@att.com>,
"bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [bess] Request discussion on Cumulative Link Bandwidth Draft

Thanks Jeff for the clarification.

Thanks

Gyan
On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 6:05 PM Jeff Tantsura
<jefftant.i...@gmail.com<mailto:jefftant.i...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Gyan,

you are mixing use of BW community as such with cumulative propagation (the
theme of the draft).
The original community is defined in "Non-Transitive Two-Octet AS-Specific
Extended Community Sub-Types" IANA section and that has to be changed to allow
eBGP use cases.
Aggregation is a very useful feature when the prefix with the community
attached is traversing the fabric and is being regenerated and potentially
transformed at every hop traversed.

The alternative with add-path and potentially path explosion (not to talk about
operational complexity of add-path and bugs in the implementations) is a rather
unattractive solution for DC fabrics.

Cheers,
Jeff

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 12:17 PM Gyan Mishra