Thanks for the logs.  I still can't reproduce this bug though.  I am
curious about the extra SETD messages your player is sending, can you
recreate the bug and enable 'prefs' in your debugging settings?

Do these logs include when the circle animation stops?  That is when
the server should be reading and sending the firmware file.  But I
don't see the UREQ message either, which is what the player sends when
you hold brightness.

Is anyone else having this same problem?

Since you already upgraded you will need to use firmware 83 and change
the squeezebox2.version file to put your player back into the 'needs
upgrade' state.  You can download 83 here:
http://svn.slimdevices.com/*checkout*/trunk/server/Firmware/squeezebox2_83.bin?rev=14252

--
andyg