I've now tried reverting back to 6.2.1, which I know worked, since I
used it yesterday; I am still unable to connect. I've tried 6.1.1 and
6.5.4 (as well as 7) - none are giving me any joy. I've tried a hard
reset, and pressing 1 during powerup to reset xilinx (whatever that
means).

My squeezebox refuses to get past the "connecting to squeezeserver..."
screen, always powering off at that point, and attempting to force a
firmware update gives me "update_begin: bad state" message. This is all
since trying to upgrade to the SC7 release.

If anyone can give me any help I'd appreciate it.

thanks,

William

--
wmoff