Phil Leigh;427889 Wrote:

> AudioDiffmaker tests confirm that there is no measurable difference in
> the analogue output when replaying WAV vs FLAC on an SB3 (ie streaming
> WAV from SC vs streaming FLAC from SC). There is a long thread on the
> Audiophile forum about this. This has nothing to do with the maths as I
> stated in my post. I'm purely talking about the audio/audible side of
> things.
>
> These are my facts. Does anyone have any facts to the contrary?

Not really to the contrary but more to the point: assume, if you wish
that the SB creates jitter while decording flac, and that this is
audible.  Heck, assume that the SB creates white noise when decoding
flac if you want.

So just -stream- the files as WAV, but not save them to disc that way.

There is no concept of jitter in TCP.  The bitstream of a decoded FLAC
will be identical to a WAV of the same data.

Which means you can store the music as FLAC and get all the benefits of
FLAC excepting bandwidth savings.  And have exactly the same data at the
SB as if you saved it as a wav.

--
snarlydwarf