erland;654952 Wrote:

> Regarding Squeezebox and proprietary server, it's important to know
> that the protocol used by both the old and new Squeezebox models is
> completely opened. Anyone that wants can implement their own server for
> Squeezebox players, there are a few servers currently being developed
> but none of them currently contains anywhere near all the features
> supported by SBS. Most(all?) of the custom built servers I know of are
> designed to require less resources to make them possible to run on a
> "non computer" like hardware.

Do you have more information about that ?
I didn't really searched about this possibility.
I am not aware of any existing possibility to get rid of SBS, nor
TinySBS scan (which is always automatic, which makes it almost unusable
for me).

Where can I find those protocol specifications ?
Would they allow to develop some internal client in TinySBS, allowing
to access third party server or music software, without any TinySBS
scan ?

--
nicolas75