>So I think the right versions are in the right place in the repos.  That
>said, I've made no attempt to run the git code from Windows yet.  Please
>let us know what it takes to get it working once you figure it out.

I don't really want to pull down all branches, and copious copies of the
binaries for each OS onto my SSD.  I can mess about with junction points, and
clone the repository to only pull back 1 level deep in each branch.  Perhaps
it's also possible to set up a list of folders to ignore, such that it won't
clone certain parts of the repository.

I currently have several different local folders containing different branches
that I run SBS/LMS from.  At the moment, two of them are SBS and came from SVN,
and only one is from Git.  I have different prefs, logs and cache folders for
each.  I also checkout my plugins into the server/Plugins folder from my own
SVN repository.  It is much more preferable to have separate folders to run
each version from rather than switching branches, esp. when running on an SSD,
where I want to reduce writes and maximise reads.

Perhaps it would work better by having one local git repository in a staging
area.  Checkout a particular branch, and then export the content to a separate
folder for running.

I'm considering giving up with running the code via Git checkout.  As there's
hardly any changes being checked in, it's perhaps more beneficial to download a
nightly occasionally.  I can check the git repostory on the web to detect when
there's something significant to require a new nightly download.  I can keep
exported checked out copies to testing my plugins against older releases.