On 30/04/2018 17:39, Ray Molenkamp wrote:
you should be able to make a build with 2015 given 3 conditions are met

1) you have msvc 2015 update 3 or higher

2 You have a full set of our libs in the right place

3) you run 'make full 2015 x64' in the blender source folder.

Thanks Ray - it turned out that my build was accidentally picking up 'stdint.h' from an old installation of mingw (when I'm in fact building with VS2015).  Once I fixed that, the build went perfectly.

The problem I've got now is that if I try to launch Blender I see an error about Python not being installed.  Here's the full output (before Blender crashes):-

      Color management: using fallback mode for management
      BL_lang_init: 'locale' data path for translations not found, continuing       AL lib: (EE) UpdateDeviceParams: Failed to set 44100hz, got 48000hz instead       Warning! bundled python not found and is expected on this platform. (if you built with CMake: 'install' target may have not been built)       Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec
      ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

I built from the VS2015 solution file (MSVC) and I currently I have Python v3.7.0b2 installed here.  Do I need something newer?

John