On Jun 22, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> Aaargh!  I'm half convinced that people write new apps for reference/
> PDF management because they don't know BibDesk can do this.  How can
> we advertise it more effectively?  I've been using it for years, and
> just assume that others use it as well.

Can you make it so that we can use it without reading any
documentation? :-).

I'm just switching to Bibdesk (from many years of using BibView under
X11), and I have some questions. Some are related to autofile, some
are more general.

1) Right now I keep my files in several bibliography file, but I've
been thinking of combining them into a single bib file. (This would
mean assigning them keywords to be able to sort them, I think.)
Recommendations? Pros/cons?

2) Bibdesk keeps all the pdfs in a single folder, correct? Is it
possible to have a separate location for each bib file (question, not
feature request). I ask because of 1) above; I'm not sure I want to
mix all my pdfs if I continue to use separate bib files.

3) Can Bibdesk rename the pdfs when it moves/links them? For example,
I would like to have all my pdfs named CiteKey.pdf. Is that possible?
(This is a feature request.)

4) I can apparently customize the local-url. Why would I want to do
that?

Thanks,

Chris Goedde