On Jun 22, 2007, at 8:26 AM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2007, at 5:03 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

>>> me to do a fast search on them (Genre: Papers; Artist: Author-Name;
>>> Title: Paper-name; Comments: Keywords) and they are organized in one
>>> place (iTunes-Music-library) which gets backed up regularly.
>>
>> I'm guessing it doesn't allow you to search by content, though?  It
>> really depends on what you need.
>
> Most of the "interesting" stuff is non-OCR-JSTOR-stuff anyway -- I
> gave up the illusion to search the content of my pdfs (and stuff in
> iTunes can be handled by Spotlight). Some kind of tagging and not
> thinking about the managing in the file-system is more important to
> me.
>
> Niels

All of JSTOR is now OCRed. If you have the permanent URLs in
BibDesk's URL field, you can use my JSTOR Download PDF script to grab
the new versions, which are also smaller. (Warning: They are
compressed with JBIG2, which Apple's PDFKit is slow at rendering)

http://people.reed.edu/~ahm/Projects/Citation/BibDesk/

Note that the script won't work through a proxy, only when you have
direct campus access.

-AHMM