On 22 Oct 2007, at 1:12 AM, Fernando Pereira wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2007, at 6:55 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>
> One more comment:
>
>> The editing window is really designed to work with files, so this is
>> expected behavior.
>
> I respectfully disagree. If BibDesk gives me an option to "Edit Data"
> and pops up a window that allows me to "edit" the data, it's really
> baffling that it cannot do anything with the results of the
> operations it prompted me to do. (It could save the edited material
> on a temporary file, and replace the contents of the clipboard with
> the new material.)

But you *can* do something with that data. You can edit it, using the
highlighting to guide you to the errors, and copy/paset the data again.

The problem is that the error editor is a general purpose solution.
So it can result from a failed file open, or a failed drop, or a
failed import...

Christiaan