On Oct 21, 2007, at 7:31 PM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

> But you *can* do something with that data. You can edit it, using the
> highlighting to guide you to the errors, and copy/paset the data
> again.

I agree, but the expectation when a program pops up a window to allow
me fix a problem is that the program will know what to do with the
corrected material as soon as I close/save the window. Here's a
suggestion: when the edit window is created in response to errors in
a clipboard import (and a drop?), replace the grayed "Reopen" button
by a "Copy to clipboard" button. That way, the user understands what
they can do with that window, and the user explicitly says they want
the material on the clipboard, so the "no clipboard change without
user action" would be maintained.

-- F