A few hiccups:

*The web bookmarks only seem to be available when "Web" is active in
the left pane; they should probably be universally available.

*With searches, it's clear what can and can't be searched. With Web,
it's not (there's also no Help button in the URL bar). Some default
bookmarks or a homepage setting (Google Scholar?) might be one way of
dealing with this.

*Unrelatedly (or maybe this is related), my (database) Search
Bookmarks seem to be no longer available at all! They're listed in the
menu, but grayed out. (I've also noticed that there's no ISI search
syntax help available)