>> BTW, clicking on a PDF link in Google Scholar (and presumably
>> elsewhere) loads it quite nicely in the window, but then tells me
>> that
>> it "Failed to read HTML string from document." In Leopard, there's a
>> nice floaty window that allows you to open it in Preview, from which
>> you can drag it back into BibDesk... but it would be nice to have an
>> option to attach the PDF as a local-url when it's imported.
>>
>> -A
>
> That would be impossible. there is no item to link the PDF to. Items
> that are not imported yet are not editable (and that won't change).

How about a different solution: When displaying a PDF in the BibDesk
window, allow the user to associate and auto-file the pdf with one of
the most recently imported items. So have a drop down list somewhere
with for example the last 5 imported items (listed using for example
the truncated title) that the current pdf can be saved to. Being able
to quickly auto-file this way would be oh so awesome.

Hendrik