On 8 May 2009, at 6:14 PM, Gregory Jefferis wrote:

> On 2009-05-08 16:23, "Adam R. Maxwell" <amaxw...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to hear some feedback from the PubMed users on the new
>> parser
>> (good, bad, or indifferent).  Searching in BD and the DOI lookup
>> should use it, I believe.
>
> It's great to have correctly accented author names, but as
> implemented so
> far this generates very different bibtex for PubMed records.  The
> deal-breaker is that we get a completely different long format from
> the
> journal name which is not the same as the 'standard' PubMed journal
> name.
>
> I know that everyone hates hidden preferences but I would see this
> at the
> moment as an optional feature.  One compromise would be to use XML for
> authors only!
>
> Best,
>
> Greg.

I see two journal titles. One is the full title, JT in Medline and
<Title> in XML, and the other is the abbreviated title, TA in Medline
and <ISOAbbreviation> in XML. Apparently the old parser used the
former and the new parser uses the latter. Which one has preference?
Or should we include both (though this would require some new bibtex
field)?