> For a user that didn't know you had set it this way, there would be.
> Expecting Preview if coming from finder, but getting Skim in BD, an
> element of chaos wd be introduced into user experience. Same if
> vice-versa.

Well, I wouldn't call it chaos but user-friendly flexibility. What program
to launch depends on the context. System-wide: launch Preview, in BibDesk:
launch Skim. Different context, different needs. And finally it's me, the
user, who sets this preference. There's no other user using my account and
my BibDesk preferences.
But... wait ... maybe now I see: Does the setting influence the
BibDesk-PDF-viewer defaults of other user-accounts on the same machine? If
this is the case, then I understand ... --
http://bibdesk-users.661331.n2.nabble.com/Way-to-make-Skim-default-only-in-Bibdesk-tp2201367p6317057.html
Sent from the bibdesk users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.