As I am running Lion (10.7.1) and I am running BibDesk Version 1.5.4 (2141),
i.e. a stable version from before Lion, I just wanted to note that I cannot
reproduce this scrolling issue. If I open a citation window, with the file list
on the right hand side, click once on a file, then move the mouse to either the
citation data, or over the file list, only the relevant list scrolls. I have a
magic mouse and a trackpad, and it works on both.  I have scroll bars set to
"Auto depending on input device", if that makes any difference.
In fact, I have't noticed any strange behaviour from BibDesk since I updated.

I would be happy to update to a current nightly and try it out if that would
help, otherwise if there is a confirmed bug, I am hesitant to do so when I have
a stable version.

Yours,

James

P.S. In order to check on my scroll bars, I opened System Preferences, looked
at the mouse and trackpad panels, and closed them again. This was enough to
cause my mouse to start behaving strangely, not registering clicks, and causing
a scrolling issue much like you have described here, but happening in Mail.
With my mouse over the message view, scrolling up and down caused the message
list to move up and down, selecting multiple messages.  When I went back to
System Preferences again, this returned my mouse behaviour to normal.

James Owen
jhgo...@mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/jhgowen/index.html