On Aug 23, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

<-- snip -->

> I just tried the (just-downloaded) latest nightly (2298), and compared it
> with the version I used on 8/19 (2141), and I'm really confused.
>
> After I ran 2298, and reran 2141[*] to verify what I saw initially, I see
> 10.7-style scrollbars in both versions.  Is there some kind of funky library
> caching going on?  I have no idea how to enable the "new" scroll bars, but
> they are definitely there now.

I'm not sure if this addresses the question, but there is a system preference
("general") in which you can choose whether you want scroll bars, always, only
when scrolling, or, something I don't totally get, "dependent on the input
device."

> The behavior I see now (in both versions) which differs from what I reported
> (and saw) on 8/19, is the "lock-step" scrolling doesn't occur.  Instead, when
> I reach the top or bottom of the "group" panel on the left, it shows an
> "elastic" behavior, exposing blank space below or above the content.  When
> this happens, the "icon" panel scrolls in the same direction.

I just updated my source code and compiled it with Xcode 3.2 (Whatever the last
revision before 4 is). If I select something in the PDF preview panel, and then
I move the pointer onto the main table, the PDF preview panel will move as
though the pointer were positioned over the panel, and, at the same time, as
though the pointer were over the main table.

Maybe this is a feature? Of Lion? Two panels can be correlated with one another
in the manner of a diff layout, as one moves, the other one does too.

I can do this pretty reliably.

Adam
------------------
Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS