On Aug 23, 2011, at 20:33 , Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
>
> <-- snip -->
>

>> I just tried the (just-downloaded) latest nightly (2298), and compared it
>> with the version I used on 8/19 (2141), and I'm really confused.
>>
>> After I ran 2298, and reran 2141[*] to verify what I saw initially, I see
>> 10.7-style scrollbars in both versions.  Is there some kind of funky library
>> caching going on?  I have no idea how to enable the "new" scroll bars, but
>> they are definitely there now.
>>

> I'm not sure if this addresses the question, but there is a system preference
> ("general") in which you can choose whether you want scroll bars, always,
> only when scrolling, or, something I don't totally get, "dependent on the
> input device."

Based on SWAG, I think that this setting will do the following:
 - with an old-fashioned (ca. 2010) mouse, always gives you scroll bars
 - with a new laptop with trackpad, give you "automatic"
 - with a magic mouse, give you "in between"

>> The behavior I see now (in both versions) which differs from what I reported
>> (and saw) on 8/19, is the "lock-step" scrolling doesn't occur.  Instead,
>> when I reach the top or bottom of the "group" panel on the left, it shows an
>> "elastic" behavior, exposing blank space below or above the content.  When
>> this happens, the "icon" panel scrolls in the same direction.
>
> I just updated my source code and compiled it with Xcode 3.2 (Whatever the
> last revision before 4 is). If I select something in the PDF preview panel,
> and then I move the pointer onto the main table, the PDF preview panel will
> move as though the pointer were positioned over the panel, and, at the same
> time, as though the pointer were over the main table.

I don't see this.  But then, I didn't compile from scratch.  Or from anything
else, for that matter.  I just downloaded the nightlies.

> Maybe this is a feature? Of Lion? Two panels can be correlated with one
> another in the manner of a diff layout, as one moves, the other one does too.

I've not read anything like this, nor have I seen it with other apps.  But
BibDesk is one of the few with such an involved window structure.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker
Director