Hi,

Is it possible to use Binc IMAP over ssh? I guess really the question is
can a user manually run a Binc IMAP daemon on the terminal. If so then
it should work over ssh as well.

As an example, Evolution lets you configure a 'Custom command to connect
to server' and the example is:

  ssh -C -l %u %h exec /usr/sbin/imapd

This should let me use imap securely over SSH without needing to input
my password. I already have it working over imaps but tire of entering
my password each time I start evo. Also it would mean I could access
mail remotely (I don't expose imap/s externally).

I've tried a whole bunch of variations of the above command running
bincimapd and bincimap-up and nothing I've tried works. If it is
possible, what command should I use?

Cheers,

Martin.