On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, Network Operation Center FMC Luxemburg wrote:
> OK I've a tail -f /var/log/messages before trying to delete an empty folder :
> -I've correctly connect (bincimap-up[23103]: connection from {IP address}
> - but when I right click in Tunderbird for deleting this folder, nothing
> appears in the messages file... No action is notified.

That sounds like either Thunderbird's connection is broken, or that
perhaps Binc fails to delete the folder for some reason, yet it reports
success. Both sound unlikely, but I think the only way to find out is to
try an strace. Could you try that for me?

On the server side, try connecting to the running bincimapd process that
Thunderbird is connected to like this:

strace -s 1024 -o trace.dump -p <pid>

Then reproduce the error, close Thunderbird, and then send the trace.dump
file here (bzip2 please, and if it's too big, just send a link to it). You
should also check if there's any usernames / passwords in the file before
posting it. I'm sure we can find out what's going on :-).

Andy

--
Andreas Aardal Hanssen   | http://www.andreas.hanssen.name/gpg
Author of Binc IMAP      |  "It is better not to do something