From: Tim St. Pierre [mailto:t...@communicatefreely.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 6:23 PM
To: saurin ajmeri
Cc: biz@taug.ca
Subject: Re: [biz] Idea about Shared Co-Location

I would have to find out where they got their cabinets made.  They are quite
nice!

I'm currently co-locating with Beanfield Technologies.  They are a local metro
Ethernet provider,
and they have two datacenters - one at 151 Front, and the other at 72 Fraser.
They aren't a CLEC,
nor are they owned or connected with any Telcos, that's a lot of why I went
with them - neutrality.
 They are well connected, and I have never had any issues with them.  I think I
have more support
tickets relating to access badges than I do technical problems.  They peer on
TORIX, so I am three
hops from Telnet Communications, ISP Telecom, Voice Network, and only a few
more from Unlimitel
(It's a little further to Ottawa).

Their pricing structure is a little different than other providers.  I have a
package deal that gets
me a 10U cabinet, and 250GB of transfer per month.  They also sell cabinet
space, power, and
bandwidth as separate components, so you can buy what you need.  They charge
for power in .1 amp
increments, regardless of what type of circuit you have.  The larger cabinets
have multiple 30A
circuits in them, whereas my 10U has two 15A circuits.  It's a good incentive
to be energy efficient!

They give you access to a real time bandwidth monitoring system, so you can see
where your usage is
at, as well as where your peak times are.

They have fiber risers to the meetme room at 151 Front, but no copper.  If you
want a PRI then you
have to either go SIP or convert to an optical transport.

If a lot of people were interested in TDM circuits and were all adjacent to
each other, you could
probably put them all on one fiber pair, then break them off into T1 circuits
inside the rack.

If you want more detailed pricing about larger racks, talk to Kevin Turner
ke...@beanfield.net

I'll let you know what I find out about the cabinets.

- -Tim

For additional commands, e-mail: biz-h...@taug.ca