No - I think that he's saying that the "We all pick one person" means that
we all choose the same hosting provider, who has a business that provides
all the protections against liability, and knows how to price the service to
take into account the churn of customers, etc...

I think the co-op is one method of providing the desired service. Another
way is for us to say to existing providers - hey, we have 40 people who want
this type of service - what can you do for us, and then each of us makes an
individual decision whether or not to enter a business relationship with
that provider. My understanding is that Bruce was mentioning the latter as
an option.

Erik