Barb,
   You can consider free choice DE when you have the
numbers down where you want them. Offer the DE in a feeder
the way some people offer the minerals.

 I started using DE on my Rabbit herd about a month ago--
and the change in food consumptoion is wonderful. It has
dropped by 10%, the lighter animals are reganing proper
condition, the juniors are right on the mark for growth and
weight gain. Nails are stronger (a mixed blessing).

Some people even use DE as a dust if body or hair parasites
are present-- dust/rub it in the way Sevin dust usually is.
Supposedly, DE will even cut the exoskeleton of fleas. I
haven't had the need to use DE for external reasons, but
knowing how it cuts internal parasites up, I am for it!!!

 Terry W