Barb--
 what is the puddling situation like in your paddocks?  A
neighbor nearby lost 48 katahdin lambs and adults a couple
springs ago to cocci that 'took off' when the fields
puddled up.  He had noticed the animals were drinking less
water from the water troughs, and assumed it was because
they were getting enough from the wet grasses-- turns out,
they were drinking from shallow puddles that were not
visible above the taller grasses.I could ask him what he
uses for that-- he also does everything as naturally as
possible. HAs some pretty nice looking animals to show for
it, too.

 Terry W