On Tuesday 28 September 2004 20:40, Dave Serls wrote:
> Partially off topic:
> Is there a low impact way to run gnome2 applets with blackbox?
> Do they need some panel app to base themselves with?

I'm not familiar with the way gnome2 applets work, so I can't say what
is needed to support them.  I do know that kde "system tray" icons need
both window manager support and a running panel to be visible.  The
gnome2 things probably need similar support.

There is a systemtray-spec at
http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/systemtray-spec, but I have no
idea who, if anyone, follows it.

Bradley T. Hughes - bhughes at trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98 N-0175 Oslo, Norway