On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 3:17:00 PM UTC+2, Etienne wrote:

> There's a different initial code path for activation when QS is in front
> (e.g you have it as the active, but no interface showing) and when it isn't
> (e.g. Safari is the front application and you trigger the single activation
> shortcut). I want to know if there's a behavioral difference here. Granted,
> most single/double activations are actually the latter kind, but since the
> code path is shared (the first link to the source I posted) I want to check
> that both cases fails.

If I make QS frontmost and active by calling its preferences window, but
not QS's interface, right-⌘ (and ⇧ and ⌥ for that matter) doesn't activate
the interface and if I activate it with a left modifier first, I cannot
dimiss it with a right modifier. In other applications it fails the same.

One thing I noticed is, that QS gets the right-⌘ to show the alternative
action, for example Open URL in Background, but it doesn't for
activating/deactivating the interface. Weird.

Wait, you're now reversed from your original post ;-). I imagine it's not
> intended, but if your behavior changes like that, then there's definitely
> something fishy going in your user account.

Yeah, sorry, left-⌘ activates/deactivates QS, right-⌘ doesn't work.

The `defaults` keys for modifier-activation are QSModifierActivationCount
> and QSModifierActivationKey, you should see 1 and 20, respectively (that's
> what I have here)

Same here.