        .

> >> No, it asks two questions.
> >
> > Yes, and? So the first question gets 'n' and the second question gets
> > default
> > and you get the inventory part done.

s/done/not done (in each case)/

> How do you get he CR for the 2nd question into a script?

Don't need to explicitly here. The consequent fall-through to
'./Customize ...' gives the adjusted 'machine.h'; cf/re not running as set*id.
(Or you can just modify machine.h directly after the main ./Configure ).

> >> Some of the things it does requires root, even when run as a
> >> non-privileged user.
> >>

> > Eeek. I'll keep it non-setuid, tyvm.
>
> LOL.  Your distro...

Indeed, 'LOL' while recommending folks install as set*id; even moreso as it's
not really needed. (Lsof 'needed' [even though it didn't really] set*id even
while containing (thus-)rootable exploits). General default re set*id should
be no unless strong (which includes/implies known, understood) reason to
enable. Why do you need/want set*id ?

rgds,
akhiezer