On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 09:02:47PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> akhiezer wrote:
> >> Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 17:05:27 -0600
> >> From: Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com>
> >> To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org>
> >> Subject: Re: [blfs-dev] [blfs-book] [BLFS Trac] #4556: Add package:
> >> lsof_4.87
> >>

> >> Some of the things it does requires root, even when run as a
> >> non-privileged user.
> >>

> > Eeek. I'll keep it non-setuid, tyvm.
>
> LOL.  Your distro...
>
>    -- Bruce

 Does it work when installed suid (on x86_64) ?  I used to build it,
but stopped doing that several years ago.  Partly, the weird
packaging, and test failures, if I recall correctly, caused me to
discount it.  But I also think that on the rare occasions I tried to
use it (mostly development-kernel problems, probably also when I've
had problems in the nfs area) it was less than useful.  That was
with it installed non-suid.

ĸen