Em 10-02-2014 20:15, Aleksandar Kuktin escreveu:
>> On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:04:24 -0300
>> Fernando de Oliveira <fam...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>
>> I thought it would be worth sharing what I have just read. Perhaps not
>> everybody knows about it yet.
>
>> 2. NVIDIA contributes to open-source drivers(nouveau)
>>
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2014-January/053028.html
>
> 'Bout fucking time.
>
> Now cue asskissers (Ars Technica, Wired and many, many others) praising
> Nvidia for "engaging with the community" et cetera while at the same
> time forgetting to mention that Nouveau *first* became fully functional
> and only then did Nvidia bother to lift a finger.

For me, might be good news.

Had problems with nouveau, reverted to proprietary.

One problem, I clearly remember. A broken machine could stay alive for
many days, perhaps weeks, but not with nouveau: failed even to complete
boot, due to the temperature rising above threshold. From my problems, I
concluded that it was functional, but not fully.

This does not invalidate your comment, but I think it is always good
when a source code becomes open.

--
[]s,
Fernando