On 25.2.2014 23:54, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Though I strongly disagree with your decision to remove the docs,
> the more important part of your commit is removing the work done
> by another editor without discussion. Another editor went to the
> trouble of adding the instructions to build and install the docs,
> and you just decide to remove it because you don't use pdf docs.

We have seen lot of that lately though and I really feel sorry. Someone
wastes the time to get everything to play along as best as possible with
everything and then it gots removed/reverted by someone just because "I
know better" (no offense) approach even though sometimes it has been
explained why something is like it currently is.

I wouldn't complain however if the approach worked for all situations,
not just the "I use this, everyone should do this" instead of "Lets try
to make everyone happy" approach.

I did however sometimes remove doc build procedures but only because
they didn't work for me (texinfo 5.0 comes to my mind), although they
did work for someone else.