On 2/25/2014 5:26 PM, Armin K. wrote:
> On 25.2.2014 23:54, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>> Though I strongly disagree with your decision to remove the docs,
>> the more important part of your commit is removing the work done
>> by another editor without discussion. Another editor went to the
>> trouble of adding the instructions to build and install the docs,
>> and you just decide to remove it because you don't use pdf docs.
>
> We have seen lot of that lately though and I really feel sorry.

I'm not sure what Pierre was thinking. It could be that:

1) He doesn't realize that it was a block of instructions separate
from the main body of instructions that readers can just elect not
to perform.

2) He doesn't have a laTeX installation so he cannot test the
instructions, and simply removed them.

3) He has a bit of dictatorship in him, and is adamant that folks
use a browser to view HTML docs.

What galls me the most is that I would never have said anything
after I saw the commit removing my work, but then coming on to
-dev and complaining that Bruce reverted his work, when in actuality
it was Pierre who reverted a previous editor's work. Additionally,
the work was deleted and not commented out. Ouch. Like a punch in
the face!

--
Randy