Andrew Benton wrote:

> You shouldn't go filing bugs if it's the BLFS build process that's
> broken. I haven't had this problem for more than a year, but then I
> don't build Firefox the BLFS way, I do it the Mozilla way
> http://www.mozilla.org/build/configure-build.html

Depends on wether or not the BLFS build procees is broken, judging from
below it still looks like it's a moz bug.  It seems the install target
is not doing something that it should be doing.  Unless of course if
it's depreciated and not supposed to be used. In that case I'm sure
moz-dev would appreciate a patch to remove it so as not to get false bug
reports.  But somebody needs to do some testing to figure out what is
different.  An identical install vs packaged build should do the trick.
 I'll dig into it a little later this week, but if you or Archaic (or
anybody else that used the packaged build) still happen to have your
build tree laying around this will be easy enough to test if you'd like
to assist.  I understand if not, 10 SBU is a good chunk of time to waste
if it already works for you. :-)

> . $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
> mk_add_options [EMAIL PROTECTED]@/firefox
> ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
> ac_add_options --enable-xft
> ac_add_options --disable-freetype2
> ac_add_options --with-java-bin-path=/usr/local/jre1.5.0/bin
> ac_add_options --with-pthreads
> ac_add_options --with-system-jpeg=/usr
> ac_add_options --with-system-zlib=/usr
> ac_add_options --with-system-png=/usr