Walter Barnes wrote:
> From: Alan Lord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>> Less can read web pages? :-O Well there's a shock, thanks!
>>>
>>> Walter
>>>

>> I just tried this and it just shows them as plain text, .i.e all the
>> html tags are displayed as is, not rendered... I opened the index.html
>> file from the blfs book :-)
>>

> Hmmm... I'll try it myself but I had already downloaded lynx before reading
> taipan's message so if it doesn't work I can use that instead.
>
> Walter

My version of less (394) recognises html to the extent that it displays
the text similarly to a man-page - the html-tags themselves are not
reproduced as text, so it's readable.

Lynx is definitely preferable - navigation via hyperlinks is much
easier, the text is colour-coded differently for codeblocks, & gpm's
copy/paste works.

I posted a report about the lynx-md5sum back in June, but it appears to
have been overlooked - hopefully your report will prompt an adjustment
to the book...

taipan