On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 05:57:45 -0700
"Dan Nicholson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10/11/07, TheOldFellow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:37:21 -0700 (PDT)
> > Walter Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry for making such a big stink.
> >
> > Hey, it was worth airing! (The Stink ;)  And I enjoyed the thread.
> > There is so little that's contentious these days.
>
> Yeah, it was worth saying, and I think there's a lot of validity
> there. There are actually a few options that could be pursued:
>
>  * Convert from DocBook to Texinfo with the docbook2x tools
>  * Dump to text with a (really) simple stylesheet
>  * Dump to man format with a stylesheet included in docbook-xsl-stylesheets
>
> I think you'd end up sacrificing some quality in those cases, but
> maybe it would be good enough for bootstrapping purposes. I also have
> no idea how much work would go into providing this. Just food for
> thought.

If you provided a bash script to build Gnome (or KDE) from a fresh LFS
base, including the downloads with wget, then a whole heap of noobs
would use it and then start asking for more scripted builds.

There has to be a limit to the amount YOU can support.  Personally I'd
be more interested in getting the instructions right, than
satisfying nooby requests to make their lives easier.  Goes double for
Manuel, since he supports the XML translation for all the books.  But
if it's easy, done when done once, and you want to, well, I ain't in any
authority!  :)  Just don't get overstretched, you hear?

R.