Simon Geard wrote:

> You've hit one of a couple of problems in hal 0.5.11 that prevent it
> from running unmodified on newer kernel and udev versions. Running the
> 0.5.12 candidate is the recommendation from the hal developers... I've
> been doing so for about 5 months now without problem.

Simon,

I realize that this post is very old.  I'm now playing catch-up.  Do
you, by chance, have a reference for that recommendation?  I'm preparing
to commit hal-0.5.11 and hal-info-20081022 with only the
udevinfo/udevadm patch.  Are there other known issues?  I've been using
that combo for some time without _seeing_ any issues, but I'm also not a
heavy consumer, my usb keys work, and input device detection works as
expected for Xorg-7.4.  If the developers recommend the RC over patched
stable version, then that would be sufficient for inclusion into the
book.  I've drudged through the messages on their mailing list over the
past few months, and have yet to see a specific recommendation of RC
over stable.

Thanks.

-- DJ Lucas