On Sat, 16 May 2009 16:54:50 +1200, Simon Geard <delga...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 13:12 -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
>> Hehe...should've sent this Sunday as I had intended to do.  The
>> util-linux requirement kills the new release...have to wait till
>> LFS-6.5/7.0.  0.5.11 seems to be stable with the udevadm patch, but I'll
>
>> review what the distros are doing too.
>
> Oh, and even better - util-linux 2.15 adds a hard dependency on
> pkg-config, which it uses to find some of the libraries provided by
> udev. Does that mean LFS will need to accept pkg-config into the core
> book, in order to get the util-linux upgrade?

Yes it does currently, as mentioned in
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2391.  However, there have
been some autotools changes upstream since 2.15, so it may not be a
requirement come 2.15.1.  That said, it was already planned to
migrate pkg-config across to LFS as so many packages are adopting
it, it makes sense to have it part of a base system.

Regards,

Matt.