Hi Betsy,
We have just finished a complete kitchen remodel project.  There are several
things I have read on all the messages on this subject that I will comment on.
First, about the lazy susan.  With the lazy susan you have the problem of
things falling off behind the circular shelves as well as the wasted space in
all the corners.  We opted to go with the two piece corner doors that make a 90
degree fold in the corners.  This way you don't have the corner post in the way
and there is much better access to the bigger corner cabinets.  Also if you go
with the cabinets at the top that make a 45 degree turn in the corners you add
a lot more storage space.
About the flooring, it really depends on what kind of flooring you are
installing.  We put in bamboo flooring which is too expensive to hide under
cabinets.  Our contractor was going to put in the flooring first but I didn't
want that because of the wasted flooring under the cabinets and then if you
ever wanted to replace the flooring it would be a hell of a job to either cut
it around the bottom of the cabinets or get it out from under them.  He raised
the cabinets by putting down boards where the cabinets would sit that were the
same thickness as the flooring so all the measurements would come out right.
We did install the flooring under the stove and dishwasher.  If you are putting
in vinyl florring I don't think it would make much difference which way it was
done.  If it is put down after the cabinets are installed and cut around the
cabinets the toe kick will cover any cracks there.
I also had our contractor cut plexiglass to fit in the bottom of the cabinet
where the sink is and then cut some four inch wide pieces to go around the
sides and silicone those down to the bottom piece just in case we ever had leak
uhnder the sink.  He told me later that he might just start offering all his
customers this option.  It will really save the wood in the bottom of the
cabinet.  I am really happy I did that because we did have a leak even with
putting in al new plumbing.
Good luck with your kitchen experience.  I have heard some bad stories about
kitchen remodels taking ridiculous amounts of time which is really
inconvenient.  Luckily, our guy did really good and we had everything back in
in exactly two weeks.
Good luck,
Glenn