From: Edward Przybylek
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:34 AM
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Invisible Fencing for Dogs

Hi Joy,

I have an invisible fence installed in my yard. I used it with my last dog
for approximately 12 years. I installed it myself and trained my dog to
respect the fence. The installation was quite simple and took approximately
4 hours. The company from which I purchased the fence supplied a video tape
on how to train your dog. The instructions were easy to follow and it took
me about a week to train my dog. If you're talking about buying your fence
from a company actually called Invisible Fence, I strongly suggest you
search the Internet for "electronic animal enclosures" before you spend your
money. When I talked to the Invisible Fence company, they wanted $1500.00
to install a fence and train my dog for half a day. I purchased a very
similar fence on the Internet for $300.00. Again, that was 12 years ago so
I would imagine that the price at Invisible Fence has gone up considerably.
Hope this helps.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek