From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of wstep...@everestkc.net
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:29 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Invisible Fencing for Dogs

Joy: Couple thoughts on these.

First, yes, they do work, and as Ed said, they're relatively easy to
install. However, remember that other dogs who aren't wearing shock collars
can and likely will come and visit your dog with impunity. Whether that's a
problem or not really depends on where you are and what kind of dogs are
around you.
I've seen instances too, where a really determined dog just blew through the
shock, so you need to consider how hard or tough your dog is. The other
thing to keep in mind is that your dog is not going ever to want to cross
the line where the fence is burried. If it's only in your back yard, that
probably isn't much of an issue, but my sister has one of these surrounding
pretty much all of her property, and her dog really panics every time they
take him too close to the fence. They actually have to put him in their
vehicle, and drive over the fence before they can take him for walks. Good
luck with this.

Bill Stephan
Kansas Citty MO
Email: wstep...@everestkc.net <mailto:wstephan%40everestkc.net>