  From: Dan Rossi
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] orientification

  I got tung and groove OSB. I ordered quote 3/4 tung and groove plywood
  quote but they delivered OSB. I had been talking to the guy I was
  ordering from, and told him it was for a sub floor. I also mentioned that
  I was not an experienced carpenter, and he may have made some assumptions.
  I think I would have preferred plywood.

  I went with 3/4 just because I am being paranoid about the rigidity of the
  floor because these are 2X4 joists on the flat with a bunch of blocking.
  The joists feel very solid while I am walking around on them, but I did
  not glue the blocking to the cement floor, so I am hoping the decking will
  help keep the joists rigidly in position.

  What kind of screw or nail spacing should I use along the joists?

  --
  Blue skies.
  Dan Rossi