Hi Bill,

I believe that LG makes a model or two that actually have speech built into
them.

So you might want to give them a call to see who is currently carrying the
speech output models.

You might also want to try Sears models, such as Kenmore, Whirlpool and or
Sears brand washing machines.

I've been told, and have actually confirmed this, that Sears, and the
manufacturer have developed Braille overlays for the flat panel and knob
models, so a blind person will have the Braille to use with the various
controls.

The overlays are free of charge, and available upon request when you can
Sears customer service and/or the manufacturer.

I would personally start by contacting the manufacturer to find out which
models actually come wit the Braille overlays, or you may want to do a
Google search with the search term of "appliances Braille overlays sears"
and see what that turns up.

Hope this helps.

Victor