Good evening,
I had to replace my washer some eight months ago.  I really liked Everything I
heard about the Staber, particularly the water conservation and top loading,
however, (sadly) the shipping charges were prohibitively high.  I did find a
Whirlpool that has most of the same qualities.  It is a top loader without
spindle and therefore has all the positive qualities of a front loader without
the drawbacks.  (You can for example add to the load during the cycle if
necessary.)  I did get a Braille overlay and manual for it without any trouble,
though it would have been simple to attach a couple of Braille labels myself if
necessary, you select cycles with a knob and the other buttons are easy to
feel.  It is my third Whirlpool, and my Mother has had one for eleven years
now.  Only the last one gave me any problems, and really the root of those were
its being a light portable on my slanted floor which lead to it being poorly
balanced.  This one has inner adjustments so that its tub is always level and
makes hardly any noise.  It lives in my kitchen and does not disturb us even
when it is spinning, and it spins well, things are only slightly damp when I
take them out.

Good luck in finding one that works for you.

Yours sincerely,
Joy

Please take a few moments to browse and enjoy
my original artwork at:
www.tigerfeathers.ca