Sorry for the delay, I was Travelling, OOO, then Covid.

Sorry, one more question: the tests seem to be mostly failing on wpt.fyi
> <https://wpt.fyi/results/html/anonymous-iframe?label=master&label=experimental&aligned&view=subtest&q=html%2Fanonymous-iframe>
>  even
> with --enable-experimental-web-platform-features. Do you know why that is?
> What's the status of the test suite?

Thanks for noticing. That was about how the feature is declared. Let's fix
<https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/4003037> it.

A few questions, is there any plan to move the spec code into HTML or
> other relevant specs? Do we have PRs for that?

Yes & Yes.
The anonymous iframe spec <https://wicg.github.io/anonymous-iframe/> is a
set of small patches against the HTML, Fetch, Storage, and Cookie
specification.

A link to described patch is given before each section:
[image: image.png]

There's another feature called "Fenced frames"
> (https://chromestatus.com/feature/5699388062040064) that is currently
> being worked on. Wouldn't be nice to explain how anonymous iframes vs
> fencedrames are? And if they interact in some way or not? Would
> fencedrames need an anonymous attribute at some point? Maybe we could
> add some of this information into the explainer.

There are 2 WPT
<https://wpt.fyi/results/html/anonymous-iframe?label=master&label=experimental&aligned&view=subtest&q=fenced>
and a doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bIjqZ9tDN-DhH99h6iAb1O0-TIArGjQJXR6STmdvaCQ/edit#heading=h.f8gsjaclk8er>.
I agree adding a section direction in the explainer would be useful. I will
do it.

TLDR: FencedFrame and anonymous iframe are totally different/unrelated.
Since <fencedframe> must not learn about its embedder, if you embed inside
an <iframe anonymous> a <fencedframe>, it has no effect and the FencedFrame
is still subject to COEP. The other way around works the way

> About the explainer, the one used in the TAG review is:
> https://github.com/camillelamy/explainers/blob/main/anonymous_iframes.md
> But now it seems to be integrated into the spec
> https://wicg.github.io/anonymous-iframe/ which is not very common.

I agree. The first explainer was added inside camillelamy/explainer
<https://github.com/camillelamy/explainers> repo. That's not great, because
it contains several unrelated explainers. I had to create a new one so that
it can be transferred under the WICG: WICG/anonymous-iframe
<https://github.com/WICG/anonymous-iframe>. Having said that, we can't go
back into the past.

> Also
> the explainer usually includes the problem, alternatives discussed and
> the like, and now they're like separated sections in the spec. Maybe
> some reformatting could be useful.

They are all in the same doc today. Are you suggesting splitting it into a
separate markdown file?
I am not sure what the benefits would be. For those used to github, there
are links <https://github.com/WICG/anonymous-iframe#documents> to each
section.

I guess it'd be also nice to ensure we have proper documentation about
> this, "anonymous" attribute is not mentioned at MDN:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/iframe

That would be lovely. I guess a PR against this file
<https://github.com/mdn/content/blob/main/files/en-us/web/html/element/iframe/index.md>
in Mozilla repository is the proper way to make this happen. I will try.