On 11/10/22 10:33, 'Arthur Sonzogni' via blink-dev wrote:
Hi blink-dev,

*
*

We decided to address issue #5 <https://github.com/WICG/anonymous-iframe/issues/5>: “rename anonymous iframe into iframe credentialless”. We will rename <iframe anonymous>to <iframe credentialless>.

For this adjustment to take place, the new plan is to ship in M110 instead of M109. We do not think the origin trial will need to be extended, since partners have been or will be able to test up to M108. Therefore, there will be a gap between the original trial and launch version.

However, renaming from anonymous to credentialless will not answer Mozilla's core argument. They believe that the feature would be best controlled via multiple new sandbox flags.

I don't think anyone from Mozilla has said that. What I have said is that the current way to control how iframes work is getting very complicated and the new attribute adds yet another mechanism. And if most of the users will use both sandbox and credentialless, understanding how those work together can be rather confusing. Also, credentialless isn't exposing the primitives itself, but some unique set of features. I'd rather see primitives to be
exposed and other features built on top of them.

-Olli

 We think it is much less ergonomic and makes the feature harder to explain to
developers. The integration with sandbox
flags has challenging open questions around edge cases, as listed in this document <https://github.com/WICG/anonymous-iframe/blob/main/mozilla-sandbox-proposal.md>.

*
*

Considering this, we think the current solution is a better one. We have feedback from partners that it solves their needs. Considering that we have no clear feedback Mozilla would be interested in implementing anonymous iframes even if they were spelled as sandbox flags, we believe we should ship with what we have implemented.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to blink-dev+unsubscr...@chromium.org <mailto:blink-dev+unsubscr...@chromium.org>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CAAzos5GDYwk7ohTD4Eq2TW43hU%3DrHfXsx2V7%2BVK%3DHdKNd02-TA%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CAAzos5GDYwk7ohTD4Eq2TW43hU%3DrHfXsx2V7%2BVK%3DHdKNd02-TA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.